PALADIN 4O2 Men's Dry Top
- Best on the market
Paladin 4O2 is top of a line dry jacket for extreme white water kayaking. It is the newest evolution step in the Paladin line. Strategically positioned seams create a great fit that allows free range of motion. This dry jacket is made from 4O2 - it is super light four layer material.
Paladin 4O2 is equipped with "Double Pull" system - the waist can be adjusted simultaneously from the back and the front by one simple motion. Latex cuffs around wrists and neck are protected by long neoprene cuffs and high neoprene collar. Cordura reinforcement in the areas of elbows and knees protects the areas from sharp rocks and branches.
Latex Gasket with Neoprene – This is the maximum water barrier you can get. Latex gasket seals perfectly around your neck. Neoprene collar protects the gasket and thanks to it conical shape it serves as outside water barrier.
Long Neoprene Cuffs – One of the most popular features. It serves as a great first barrier against water entry and offers insulation when paddling cold waters. Thanks to the flexibility of the neoprene your hand slides in easily when putting it on and there is no Velcro to get undone on big drops.
Shaped Shoulders – The pattern construction allows maximum mobility in your shoulders. Tops made of more flexible materials may appear more fitted than those made from more durable fabrics but this feature guarantees unrestricted motion whether you swim or paddle.
Elbow Reinforcement – Protection where it is needed. Elbows are usually the most exposed when you paddle or swim. Reinforcement in the area is there to offer extra protection to the fabric not so much to your joints. When paddling steep shallow creeks, please do use elbow pads over or under your dry top.
Double Pull Cinch System – Using a pulley system on the side you will be able to cinch the back and front panel of your waist by a single forward motion. There is no folding of excessive fabric while pulling a Velcro tab over. Double Pull system offers better seals with one single handed motion.
Double Waist – Double waist forms a barrier against water entry through your waist. The inner waist has a flexible band with silicon coating on the inside for better grip on your inner layer. If you are kayaking the waist of your skirt will come over your inner layer and below the outer waist of your jacket.
Latex Wrist Gasket – Preventing water from entering through the sleeves. The latex is usually protected with Neoprene or adjustable cuffs.
Water Tight Seams – All seems are taped not letting any water to come through the stitching. Each material has its specific tape that we tested for durability and sealing powers.
Reflective Elements – The product is equipped with reflective elements for safety so you are easily spotted under flashlight.
- 4O2 - “4” means 4 layers. Microporous membrane lets body generated vapor to escape through pores that are small enough so that water particles do not penetrate the membrane. Because the pressure is higher inside the jacket than outside, hydrophilic membrane sucks in the body moisture as a sponge and moves to the outside while not allowing any moisture to travel from the outside in. Simply put – this fabric is extremely breathable and waterproof. Laminated jersey on the inside protects the membrane from brushing off your skin. Lighter polyester fabric on the outside makes this one of the lightest 4-layer fabrics out there.
- Latex + 3mm Base&Base Neoprene - The latex neck and wrist gaskets are protected with 3mm thick limestone based neoprene. Longer gaskets on the wrists not offer protection of the latex but also contribute to keeping water from entering the sleeves and adding heat comfort to your wrists.
- Cordura - Cordura protects exposed areas against rips and tears. Despite its extreme durability it remains pliable making it very comfortable to wear.
- 4mm Mesh&Skin Neoprene - 4mm limestone based rubber is laminated with Velcro plush on the outside so that you can easily secure the hook tabs of the Double Pull cinching system. Sticky smooth skin on the inside of the panel helps to grip the waist of your sprayskirt preventing the dry top from rolling up and contributing to the sealing function of the double waist system.
- 4mm Base&Skin Neoprene - 4mm limestone based rubber is laminated with durable nylon for protection on the inside. On the inside we used sticky smooth skin for better grip of you skirt and to prevent water entry through the double waist system.